You might like
You are in:
- Sultana Scones
Back Sultana Scones
These sultana scones are easy to make and are a classic part of an afternoon tea. If you're feeling experimental, golden syrup or lemon curd make a great alternative to jam.
Makes 12 scones
- 450g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 60g butter, cubed
- 60g caster sugar
- 75g sultanas
- 1 egg
- 230ml semi-skimmed milk, plus extra for brushing
- 1 spoon jam, to serve
- 1 spoon whipping cream, per scone
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the butter and rub into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and sultanas.
- Lightly dust a clean surface with a little flour and roll out the dough to a 2cm thickness.
- Using a 7cm round fluted cutter, stamp out 12 rounds. Arrange on a baking tray and brush the tops with a little milk. Bake for 25 minutes until well risen and golden.
- Serve with jam and whipped cream.