You might like
You are in:
- Stuffed Peppers with Bulgur Wheat and Vegetable Medley
Back Stuffed Peppers with Bulgur Wheat and Vegetable Medley
Stuffed Peppers with Bulgur Wheat and Vegetable Medley
Here's a fabulous fusion of Middle-East and Mediterranean. Use whole red capsicums with a zingy citrus bulgur wheat filling, packed with aubergine, courgette, pepper and peas. Then enhance it all with garlic, fresh herbs and toasted cumin. Topped with a parmesan crumb then baked to a crunchy golden finish.
- 600g bulgur wheat
- 2 red peppers
- 4 green peppers
- 1 courgette
- 1 aubergine
- 1 onion
- 50g frozen peas
- 15g tomato puree
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp fresh mint
- 20ml olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 25g panko breadcrumbs
- 25g parmesan
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
To make the panko breadcrumbs, put three or four slices of stale bread into a food processor then allow to dry out in a warm oven for a few minutes.
- Place the bulgur wheat in bowl, cover with boiling water, stir well and leave for 15 minutes (refer to packaging for full instructions). Refresh in cold water, drain and set aside.
- Finely chop the onion, then dice the courgette, green peppers and aubergine into small chunks.
- Chop the parsley and mint.
- Toast cumin seeds in a hot pan, without oil. Shake the pan to keep the cumin moving and toast till the seeds crackle and pop.
- Mix together the parmesan and panko crumbs and set aside.
- Sauté the onion and (crushed) garlic for 3 minutes then add courgette, peppers and aubergine and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato puree, peas, cooked bulgur wheat, cumin seeds, mint, parsley and the juice of 1 lemon.
- Season to taste and set to one side.
- Half and deseed the red peppers, fill with the bulgur wheat mix and top with the crumb mix.
- Place on a roasting tray and bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.