You might like
You are in:
- Spiders Web Snaps
Back Spiders Web Snaps
Spiders Web Snaps
These cute spiders web biscuits taste as good as they look.
Makes 20 snaps
- 30g hazelnuts
- 30g almonds
- 20g gluten free oats
- 1 tbsp flour
- 90g unsalted butter
- 60g light brown sugar
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 150g dark chocolate
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160fan /gas mark 4
- Place the hazelnuts, almonds, oats and flour in the bowl of a food processor. Blitz until the mixture becomes a fine crumb.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, sugars and honey with a small pinch of salt, on a low heat for 3-4 minutes. Bring the mixture to the boil and then turn off the heat and stir through the nut mixture. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Divide the mixture into 10g balls and then push each ball into rounds the size of a £2 coin. Make sure they are spaced well apart as they spread a lot when they bake.
- Bake in the oven for 4 minutes or until golden. Once out of the oven, bang the tray sharply down on the surface to burst any bubbles and create the lacy effect in the snaps.
- Allow to cool completely and harden for 20-25 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate by breaking it into chunks and heating it for 10 second blasts in the microwave. Once it is completely melted, pour it into a piping bag or alternatively you can use a plastic sandwich bag and snip off the end to form a very small hole.
- To drizzle the cookies in a web pattern, start in the middle and follow a trail of chocolate in circles until you reach the outside edge. Bring the trail back into the centre and back out in segments to finalise the web pattern.
- Allow to cool and harden completely and then serve.