You might like
You are in:
- Spiced Pears Cooked in Mulled Wine with…
Back Spiced Pears Cooked in Mulled Wine with…
Spiced Pears Cooked in Mulled Wine with Orange
Zesty and delicious, this fruity recipe is great for impress-your-guests indulgence when when the time comes for dessert - with a touch of Christmas spice for that festive finishing touch.
- 5 pears
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 oranges
- 300ml red wine
- 1 mulled spice bag
- 3 tbsp dark brown sugar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Peel the pears, ensuring that the stalk is left on. Zest the oranges using a peeler.
- Stand all of the pears up closely in a saucepan and add in all of the ingredients except for the oranges.
- Bring the pan to the boil, cover with the lid and cook over a medium heat for 20-30 minutes until the pears are tender.
- While the pears are boiling, cut off the tops and bottoms of the oranges and remove any peel. Cut the oranges into slices and place them on a serving dish.
- Remove the pears from the syrup and stand them on the oranges.
- Boil the syrup in the pan rapidly for a further 5 mins until it has thickened.
- Pour the syrup over the top of the pears, serve and enjoy.
- Optional: Serve with a scoop of The Best Madagascan Vanilla Ice Cream.