You might like
You are in:
- Special Fried Rice
Back Special Fried Rice
Special Fried Rice
We can't resist the healthier version of this classic side. This dish can be served with any Chinese stir fry and is a great way to use up leftover rice.
- 300g basmati rice, basmati or long grain rice
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 75g frozen peas, can also use drained tinned peas as an alternative
- 75g sweetcorn, canned
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 30g cashew nuts, - you can swap out the cashew nuts for any other nut, or swap for pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds if you'd prefer.
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Per Portion: kcal 403 Fat (g) 8.6 Saturates (g) 1.7 Carbohydrate (g) 66.9 Sugars (g) 3.9 Fibre (g) 2.9 Protein (g) 13.3 Salt (g) 0.60
- Cook the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Heat a wok over a high heat. Add the oil before pouring in the eggs. Use a spatula or spoon to gently break up the eggs as they set.
- Once the eggs have started to set, tip in the cooked rice, peas and sweetcorn. Stir and heat through.
- Pour over the soy sauce and stir again. Finally, stir through the nuts, spring onions and coriander.