You might like
You are in:
- Smoked Salmon and Cheese Profiteroles
Back Smoked Salmon and Cheese Profiteroles
Smoked Salmon and Cheese Profiteroles
Put a savoury twist on profiteroles and serve them with smoked salmon as a special starter.
- 50g butter
- 60g strong white flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 300g soft cheese
- 200g smoked salmon, cut into pieces
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 bag watercress, spinach and rocket
- 25g Parmesan
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Put 150ml water and butter in a pan and heat until the butter melts. Bring to the boil then add the flour; beat until the mixture forms a ball and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl, cool for 10 minutes then slowly add the eggs; beat well until you have a thick, glossy paste.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment and pipe 8 mounds onto it. Bake for 40 minutes until well risen and golden. Make slits in the side of each ball to let the steam escape then allow to cool.
- For the filling, beat together the soft cheese, salmon, crème fraîche and dill; season and divide between each cooled bun.
- Serve on a bed of mixed salad leaves, sprinkling with a little Parmesan cheese.