You might like
You are in:
- Smoked Haddock & Chorizo Salad
Back Smoked Haddock & Chorizo Salad
Smoked Haddock & Chorizo Salad
Smoky fish and spicy chorizo pair beautifully in this light, easy salad - toast crusty white bread with olive oil for crunchy homemade croutons.
- 140g Crusty White Bread, cut into 2cm or ¾ in cubes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 140g Watercress, Spinach & Rocket Salad
- 175g Cooking Chorizo, sliced
- 350g Smoked Haddock Fillet, cut into 2½ cm or 1in pieces
- 1 Juice of Lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Toss the bread in 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Heat a large frying pan and fry the bread for 5-10 mins until crisp and golden, then set aside on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, put the salad in a serving bowl. Wipe out the frying pan and pour in the remaining oil. Add the chorizo slices and cook for 1 min, stirring occasionally. Add the haddock to the pan and cook for 3-4 mins, turning over carefully halfway through. When cooked, the haddock will be opaque and the chorizo should be beginning to turn crisp around the edges.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the haddock and chorizo from the pan, and add to the salad with the bread cubes.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the lemon juice and mustard. Stir and heat through for 30 secs, then drizzle over the salad. Serve straight away.