You might like
You are in:
- Smoked Cod Fritters
Back Smoked Cod Fritters
Smoked Cod Fritters
A delicious tapas dish of smoked cod fritters.
- 300ml Milk
- 1 Onion, grated
- 500g Smoked Cod Fillet
- 2 Potatoes , peeled and diced
- 1 Lemon, zested
- ½ bunch Dill, chopped
- 3 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- Put the grated onion in a pan with just enough milk to cover. Simmer for 5 minutes then add the fish and poach gently for 5 more minutes. Turn off the heat and cool.
- Strain the milk into another pan. Add the potato, cook until tender, then drain really well.
- Tip the fish and onion into a bowl. Flake the fish and discard any skin and bone.
- Mash the fish with the potatoes, lemon zest, dill, flour and egg and season well. Scoop the mix out in rough tbsps and put on a tray. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until you want to cook them.
- Heat 1cm of oil in a frying pan. Cook the fritters in batches until golden brown and crisp on both sides. Keep warm in a low oven while the others cook. Serve with lemon wedges.