- Simple Vegan Banana Bread
Simple Vegan Banana Bread
A true tea-time family favourite, our Simple
Vegan Banana Bread is all mixed in one bowl, making it super quick and simple
for you with minimal washing up. A perfect way to use up any overripe bananas,
and made with basic store cupboard ingredients, this cake is too tasty not to
treat yourself to! Whether you enjoy your banana bread for breakfast, as an
elevenses snack or a mid-afternoon treat, make sure you try this recipe.
- 225g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 100g Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 3 Bananas, mashed, ripe
- 75ml Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Mash your bananas in a large mixing bowl, pour in your Mellow Yellow oil and sugar and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and mixed spice and stir well. Pour the mixture into a lined 2lb loaf tin and bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 60 minutes.
- Check your cake after 20 minutes and if it is browning too quickly, cover with foil. Leave to cool before slicing.
Farrington’s Mellow Yellow have created a range of delicious recipes for the whole family to enjoy. These simple recipes all use Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Cold Pressed Rapeseed oil which has half the saturated fat of olive oil, is rich in Omega 3 and has a high smoke point, making this tasty and versatile British oil perfect for all types of cooking and baking.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Mellow Yellow