You might like
You are in:
- Simple Cookies
Easy to make and delicious to eat- what more do you need from a cookie recipe?
Makes 28 cookies
- 200g Stork Original Baking Block
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, yolks only
- 250g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 dusting icing sugar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat oven to 190°C, 170°C fan oven, Gas mark 5. Chop the Stork into small pieces.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, egg yolks and Stork and mix with a wooden spoon, hand mixer or cold hands quickly into a stiff dough (don’t mix for too long!).
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and leave to rest and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Dust the work surface with a little flour and roll out the dough until it is about 5mm thick.
- Cut out shapes with a sharp knife or cookie cutters and place on the baking sheet lined with baking paper. Fold the dough scraps together, roll them out and cut out more shapes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked and lightly browned. Leave the cookies to cool on the baking sheet.
- Dust the cookies with icing sugar.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Stork.