You might like
You are in:
- Seared Scallops with Lemon and Chorizo
Back Seared Scallops with Lemon and Chorizo
Seared Scallops with Lemon and Chorizo
This tasty starter for two is super-special. Serve it up on date night with a little crusty bread to mop up all the juices.
- 6 scallops, approximately 180-200g
- 50g chorizo cooking sausage, sliced
- 1 lemon, washed, juice of half, rest cut into wedges
- 1 tsp fresh coriander, washed and chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan over a medium to high heat and cook the chorizo for 1-1½ minutes on each side until crisp then transfer, using a slotted spoon, to a plate and set aside.
- Add the scallops to the pan to cook in the chorizo oil for 1 minute on each side until opaque. Return the chorizo to the pan and squeeze over the lemon juice. Stir to combine then remove from the heat and spoon on to plates. Scatter with coriander, season with black pepper and serve with lemon wedges.