You might like
You are in:
- Savoury Spinach Pancakes
Back Savoury Spinach Pancakes
- 220g cherry vine tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g spinach leaves
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 100g pitted black olives, halved
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Rest 30
Leave the batter mix to rest for 30 minutes before continuing with the recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Place the cherry vine tomatoes in a roasting tin, drizzle with the olive oil, season and roast for 10 minutes.
- Using a hand held stick blender, whizz the spinach leaves with the rested batter mix to combine evenly, then heat a tiny bit of oil in a non-stick frying pan, just to coat the pan. The pan must get very hot (you'll start to see smoke) before you add any batter.
- Add about a ladleful of pancake batter and swirl it about to cover the bottom of the pan. Turn the heat down slightly and cook through on both sides until golden. Use a spatula to turn it, or flip it gently with a flick of your wrist if you’re feeling lucky. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- To assemble, fold over the flat cooked spinach pancakes and scatter with the crumbled feta, the roasted tomatoes and some black olives. Serve two per person while they're still warm.