You might like
You are in:
- Savoury Carrot and Parmesan Muffins
Back Savoury Carrot and Parmesan Muffins
Savoury Carrot and Parmesan Muffins
These muffins are ideal as a savoury snack, they work well in any picnic and will go down a treat with all the family.
Makes 12 muffins
- 350g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 175g carrots, peeled and grated
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- 2 eggs
- 250g buttermilk
- 100ml sunflower oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl with the baking powder. Stir in the grated carrot and Parmesan cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the buttermilk mixture. Combine to form a soft consistency. Spoon into the paper muffin cases two thirds full.
- Bake for 25 minutes until well risen and springy to the touch. Allow to cool on a wire rack.