You might like
You are in:
- Salted Caramel Marble Cake
Back Salted Caramel Marble Cake
Salted Caramel Marble Cake
If you have a sweet tooth, look no further for the ultimate slice of indulgence. Who knew salt and caramel would pair so well?
- 175g Stork Original
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 175g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder, sieved
- 255g plain cook's chocolate, 55g of this needs to be melted
- 55g white cook's chocolate, melted
- 250g light soft brown sugar
- 150ml double cream
- 140g Stork with Butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200ml Elmlea double
- 1 dusting cocoa powder, to roll remainder of icing/ganache in
- 1 sprinkle sea salt crystals
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Place Stork Original, caster sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until well mixed (2 - 3 minutes). Divide mixture into two and add 55g of melted dark chocolate to one half and 55g of melted white chocolate to the other.
- Place alternate spoonfuls of mixture into a greased and bottom-lined 20cm (8 inch) cake tin, and gently swirl through mixture with a skewer.
- Bake in middle of a pre-heated oven 170ºC, 160ºC fan, Gas mark 3 for 50-60 minutes. Turn out, remove paper and cool.
- To make icing, place light soft brown sugar, double cream and salt in a saucepan and heat until sugar dissolves and then bubble for 3-4 minutes not stirring. Allow to cool for 10 mins and then beat in Stork with Butter. Chill in refrigerator until firm.
- Split cake and sandwich together with half the icing. Melt 200g of dark chocolate and the Elmlea double together and then chill until a spreading consistency. Spread over the top and sides of the cake. Chill remaining ganache till firm.
- Form the remaining icing and ganache into truffles and roll in either cocoa powder or popping candy. Use to decorate the top of the cake. Sprinkle with salt crystals if desired.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Stork.