- Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Tagliatelle
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Tagliatelle
Our roasted red pepper pesto tagliatelle is a
fantastic, simple meal, ideal for the whole family. Pesto is a great one for
making a big batch and using it for various meals. Stirred through tagliatelle
and served with a sprinkling of parmesan and parsley is a brilliant mid-week
meal. How about trying it spread on sourdough for a simple and tasty lunch or
drizzled over a bowl of homemade tomato soup for an extra burst of flavour?
- 3 Red Peppers, chopped into large pieces
- 3 Garlic Cloves, sliced
- 4 tbsp Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil
- 50 Grated Parmesan (or vegetarian/vegan alternative if needed)
- 75g Walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ Lemon, Juice and zest of half
- 250g Dried Tagliatelle
- 1 handful Parsley, roughly chopped, to serve
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat your oven to 200℃/180℃ fan.
- Place your chopped peppers and sliced garlic in a roasting dish. Pour over 2 tbsp of Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil, plus a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast for 20-25 minutes until softened and starting to colour.
- In a food processor, blitz the walnuts for a minute or so. Add the roasted red peppers and garlic along with the oil from the roasting dish, plus 40g of the parmesan, lemon juice & zest and the remaining 2 tbsp of Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil. Blitz until smooth and season to taste.
- Cook your tagliatelle according to the packet instructions. Mix your pesto into the pasta and serve with the remaining grated parmesan and chopped parsley sprinkled on top.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Farrington’s Mellow Yellow have created a range of delicious recipes for the whole family to enjoy. These simple recipes all use Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Cold Pressed Rapeseed oil which has half the saturated fat of olive oil, is rich in Omega 3 and has a high smoke point, making this tasty and versatile British oil perfect for all types of cooking and baking.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Mellow Yellow