You might like
You are in:
- Ribeye Steak with Sweet Potato Chips and Five Peppercorn Sauce
Back Ribeye Steak with Sweet Potato Chips and Five Peppercorn Sauce
Ribeye Steak with Sweet Potato Chips and Five Peppercorn Sauce
Enjoy a classic steak with colourful and tasty sweet potato chips - ideal for date night or a special treat.
- 2 ribeye steaks
- 1 drizzle olive oil
- 1 five peppercorn seasoning
- 2 sweet potatoes, skin on, scrubbed and cut into 8 wedges
- 10g butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Madeira wine
- 100ml double cream
- 100ml beef stock
- ½ lemon, juice only
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan/220C/gas 7.
- Place the sweet potato wedges onto a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with 5 peppercorn seasoning.
- Place into the hot oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the finely chopped shallot and sauté gently over a low heat until softened and golden in colour.
- Add the Madeira wine, bring to the boil and simmer to reduce.
- Add the cream, stock and 5 peppercorn seasoning. Bring to the boil for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until a sauce consistency is reached.
- Finish with the juice of half a lemon. Taste, and season with extra 5 peppercorn sauce to your liking.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan over a high heat. Drizzle a little olive oil over the steaks and season with 5 peppercorn seasoning and salt.
- Once seasoned, pan fry the steaks for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side for a medium/rare steak. If you prefer your steak well done, increase the cooking time as desired.
- Allow the steaks to rest for 5 minutes before serving with the 5 peppercorn sauce and the sweet potato chips.
- Serve with fine green beans.