You might like
You are in:
- Rhubarb Meringue Ice Cream
Back Rhubarb Meringue Ice Cream
Rhubarb Meringue Ice Cream
Grab the nearest spoon and delve into a fruity 'Wonky' ice cream guaranteed to hit the spot.
- 450g wonky rhubarb , cut into 5cm lengths
- 125g caster sugar
- 450g mascarpone
- 200ml ready-made custard
- 1 orange, grated rind and juiced
- 2 meringue nests, crushed
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Put the rhubarb in a pan with the sugar and heat gently, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat to a simmer and cook for 5-6 minutes, until the rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Put the mascarpone in a bowl and beat in the custard, orange rind and juice until smooth. Fold in the rhubarb and meringue nests until just combined. Spoon the mixture into a rigid freezer container and cover. Freeze for about 1-2 hours, until the mixture starts to harden around the edges, and then beat well with a fork to break up the ice crystals.
- 3 Return to the freezer and repeat this process once more. Finally, freeze for 2-3 hours until firm. Remove the ice cream from the freezer 20 minutes before serving.