You might like
You are in:
- Rhubarb Galettes
Back Rhubarb Galettes
You don't need to be too neat making the galettes, they're meant to look rustic.
- 500g shortcrust pastry
- 2 tbsp flour
- 90g caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 300g rhubarb, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6 and place a large baking tray in to heat. Roll out the pastry and cut out 6 x 15cm circles. Chill.
- Meanwhile, mix 1 tbsp each of the flour and caster sugar with the ground almonds and set aside. Toss the apples and rhubarb with the remaining flour, sugar and the spices.
- Line a separate baking tray with baking paper and place the pastry circles on it. Fill the centre of each with the almond sugar and top with fruit. Bring the edge of the pastry (about 4cm) in around the fruit, folding it up. Brush the pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Slide the galettes, on the baking paper, on to the hot tray in the oven. Cook for 35 minutes or until golden and crisp.