You might like
You are in:
- Rhubarb Crumble with a Crunchy Topping
Back Rhubarb Crumble with a Crunchy Topping
Rhubarb Crumble with a Crunchy Topping
This traditional rhubarb crumble has been made even more delicious by adding flaked almonds and coconut to the topping.
- 800g rhubarb, trimmed and cut into small chunks
- 2 knobs stem ginger, finely chopped
- 150g granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp strawberry jam
- 225g plain flour
- 125g butter
- 100g demerara sugar
- 100g flaked almonds
- 25g dessicated coconut
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 190 ̊C/375 ̊F/Gas 5.
- Place the rhubarb in a pan with the water, ginger, sugar and jam. Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes until the rhubarb just begins to soften. Remove from the heat and transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- To make the topping, sift the flour into a mixing bowl and rub in the butter using clean hands (you can do this in a food processor if you prefer) until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar, flaked almonds and coconut.
- Scatter over the cooked rhubarb and bake for 25-30 minutes until the topping is crunchy and golden.