- Rhubarb Cake
- 2 large eggs
- 200g unrefined caster sugar
- 2 tsps ground ginger
- 130ml Mellow Yellow rapeseed oil
- 350g Rhubarb,chopped into pieces
- 175g plain flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 large handful flaked almonds
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan and line a 24cm/9.5 inch tin.
- Rinse the rhubarb, add straight to the mixing bowl followed by the eggs, sugar, ginger and oil. Mix thoroughly. Mix the baking powder thoroughly with the flour and ground almonds, then add these dry ingredients to the bowl. Mix thoroughly again and place into the lined tin, gently pushing out to the edges. Finally sprinkle with a generous handful of flaked almonds.
- Bake for around 50 minutes (may be slightly longer) until the almonds are browning, the cake is springy to touch and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Delicious served with crème fraiche.
Farrington’s Mellow Yellow have created a range of delicious recipes for the whole family to enjoy. These simple recipes all use Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Cold Pressed Rapeseed oil which has half the saturated fat of olive oil, is rich in Omega 3 and has a high smoke point, making this tasty and versatile British oil perfect for all types of cooking and baking.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Mellow Yellow