You might like
You are in:
- Red Onion and Rosemary Tear-and-Share Bread
Red Onion and Rosemary Tear-and-Share Bread
- 2 red onions, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Other time: Proving time for the basic bread dough.
You will need to have 1 quantity of our basic bread dough recipe in order to complete this bake.
- Prepare the bread dough and leave to prove until doubled in size.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Toss the onion wedges together with the vinegar, 1 tbsp of the oil and a little seasoning. Spread out on a baking tray and roast for 20 minutes until softened. Allow to cool a little.
- Knock back the dough then divide into 16 pieces. Roll each into a ball and set side by side on a baking tray in a square. Scatter with cooked onions and rosemary.
- Drizzle with the remaining oil, cover loosely with a damp tea towel and leave to prove for 35-40 minutes until the balls have risen. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and well risen.