- Raspberry Muffins
Tall muffins straight from the oven are hard to beat. They
can be made with ease, but remember (as with all baking) have everything
pre-weighed and organised prior to starting the recipe. Adding any wet ingredients to the baking
powder will activate the raising agent and hinder the muffins’ rise.
- 275g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 50g unsalted pistachios, chopped
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- 6 tbsp milk
- 125g packs of wonky raspberries, 2X
Total time required
- Cooking time:
Prepare the muffin tin by lining it with muffin papers.
- Preheat the oven to 170c/325f/gas 4
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, white chocolate and pistachio. Mix gently to combine.
- In a large pouring jug combine the butter, eggs, yoghurt and milk. Beat the eggs until well combined.
- Make a well in the centre of the dried ingredients bowl. Pour in the egg and yoghurt mixture, add the wonky raspberries keeping a few in reserve to top the muffins. Fold the mixture together with a spatula until the mixture just mixed.
- Working swiftly using 2 tablespoons take one heaped tbsp. of the mixture and slide it with the back of the other spoon into the prepared pan, filling each hole about 2/3 full. Add a couple of the reserved berries on top of each prepared muffin. Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes until gold and well risen and slightly firm to touch.
- Remove and cool in the tin for 15 minutes. Remove from the muffin tin and cool on a rack or eat warm with a cup of tea.