You might like
You are in:
- Raspberry Frangipane Tart
Back Raspberry Frangipane Tart
Raspberry Frangipane Tart
Sweet raspberries and the nutty frangipane taste are the perfect pairing of flavours for a delicious dessert.
- 320g short crust pastry, ready rolled
- 2 tbsp seedless raspberry jam
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g ground almonds
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 3 whole eggs
- 100g raspberries
- 50g flaked almonds
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 170C fan/190C/ gas 5.
- Unroll the pastry and ensure it is large enough to line the tin. If not, use a rolling pin to roll out to required size: a 23cm fluted round tin is perfect.
- Line the tin with the pastry. Trim any excess from the edges and spread the base with the seedless raspberry jam. Set to one side.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar, mixing until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat to combine. Then add the ground almonds and almond extract, and mix well.
- Spoon the filling into the prepared pastry case. Level with the back of a spoon and scatter over the raspberries and flaked almonds.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until the filling is set and golden brown.