- Raspberry Bakewell
- 200g ground almonds
- 150g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted
- 140g golden caster sugar, replace with 80g coconut sugar if you prefer
- 150g gluten free self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 250g raspberries
- 3 tbsps flaked almonds
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Once you've made the mixture, you could roll it together and cover it in Clingfilm (as you would pastry) and leave it in the fridge. It will keep for a couple of days, make sure to bring to room temperature before using.
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas mark 4.
- Base-line and grease a deep 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Mix the ground almonds, melted Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, 140g golden caster sugar (use 80g of coconut sugar if you prefer), flour, and eggs in a food processor or with an electric hand whisk until well combined.
- Spread half the mix over the cake tin and smooth over the top.
- Scatter the raspberries over, then dollop the remaining cake mixture on top and roughly spread – you might find this easier to do with your fingers.
- Scatter with flaked almonds and bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden and a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean. If using frozen raspberries, this recipe may need an extra 10 minutes to be cooked.
- Remove from tin and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Coconut Oil: Recipes for Real Life by Lucy Bee (Quadrille £15) Photography: Dan Jones
Coconut Oil: Nature’s Perfect Ingredient by Lucy Bee (Quadrille £15) Photography: Ria Osborne