You might like
You are in:
- Raspberry and Amaretti Cake
Back Raspberry and Amaretti Cake
Raspberry and Amaretti Cake
The Italian style, soft pink colour and delicate flavours of this alternative to cheesecake make it perfect for any occasion.
- 175 Amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 80g butter, melted
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 1 whole lemon
- 400g raspberries
- 75g caster sugar
- 1 sachet gelatine
- 300ml whipping cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Other time: Chill time 4hrs
- Mix together the crushed Amaretti biscuits and melted butter.
- Press into the base of a 20cm round, loose-bottom, non-stick cake tin and chill until firm.
- Beat together the ricotta cheese, lemon zest and juice.
- Purée half the raspberries by pushing through a sieve, then discard the seeds.
- Stir the raspberry purée into the ricotta mixture with the sugar.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over 4 tbsp. cold water. Allow to stand for 10 minutes until it becomes spongy, then heat over a pan of gently simmering water until it dissolves and you have a clear liquid. Beat into the ricotta mixture.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks and fold into the mixture. Spoon over the Amaretti base and level the top of the cake.
- Chill the cake for at least 4 hours or overnight until set. Once set, use remaining raspberries to decorate the top and dust with a little icing sugar.