You might like
You are in:
- Quorn Toad in the Hole with Root…
Back Quorn Toad in the Hole with Root…
Quorn Toad in the Hole with Root Vegetables
Perfect as a really warming dish, try this healthier Toad in the Hole with Root Vegetables, made with Quorn Sausages. Less than 350 calories per portion, low in saturated fat and high protein.
- 1 pack Quorn Sausages
- 300g Mixed Root Vegetables, peeled & diced
- ½ Red Onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 6 heaped tbsp Plain Flour
- 3 Large Eggs
- 200ml Skimmed Milk
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- Pre-heat oven to 200oC (400oF/Gas Mark 6)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and par cook the root vegetables for 7 minutes, drain & set aside.
- Pre-heat the oil in an oven proof dish and add the Quorn Sausages, red onion & root vegetables & roast for 5 minutes.
- Place the flour into a mixing bowl now add the eggs and beat to a smooth paste, gently add the milk, baking powder and thyme (optional) and whisk vigorously.
- Pour the mixture over the sausages and vegetables and cook for 28 minutes Serve with onion gravy.