You might like
You are in:
- Pumpkin and Coconut Soup
Back Pumpkin and Coconut Soup
Pumpkin and Coconut Soup
A deliciously spicy pumpkin soup recipe for warming up through the colder months. Serve with your favourite crusty bread.
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 425g pumpkin, puréed (or butternut squash)
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 15g fresh coriander, chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Substitute the pumpkin for butternut squash for an alternative delicious soup.
- Put the chilli paste into a large saucepan and gently stir-fry for a minute. Add the puréed pumpkin, stirring well, and then pour in the stock.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and gently heat through for another 4 - 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve garnished with the chilli and coriander. Try swirling in some cream before garnishing if you really want to make this into a comfort food.