You might like
You are in:
- Potato, Fennel and Apple Gratin
Back Potato, Fennel and Apple Gratin
Potato, Fennel and Apple Gratin
This vegetarian gratin is a sure-fire crowd-pleaser, or just cook it up ahead of time for meals throughout the week.
- 1.2 kg potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp apple sauce
- 30g butter, melted
- 200ml milk
- 284ml Elmlea single light
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
If you have prepared this recipe ahead of time, cover loosely with foil and reheat at 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4 for 25 minutes until piping hot.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas 4. Layer the sliced potatoes alternately with the sliced fennel in a large ovenproof dish.
- Blend together the apple sauce, melted butter, milk and Elmlea. Pour over the potato and fennel slices. Cover with a lightly buttered sheet of baking parchment then foil.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes, then remove the foil and baking parchment and cook uncovered for a further 20 minutes until the top is golden and bubbling.