You might like
You are in:
- Pot-Roast Silverside of Beef with Cranberry and Port
Back Pot-Roast Silverside of Beef with Cranberry and Port
Pot-Roast Silverside of Beef with Cranberry and Port
This rich beef dish is great for a special Sunday roast. Creamy mash with a little horseradish stirred through is a great match here.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1.8 kg topside or silverside of beef
- 4 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 150ml Port
- 500ml beef stock
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 500g Chantenay carrots, scrubbed and trimmed
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/Gas 3. Using a large flameproof casserole dish heat the oil and fry the beef joint all over to seal.
- Mix together the cranberry sauce, port and stock and pour over the beef.
- Add the onion wedges and carrots into the stick, season and bring to the boil. Cover the pan and roast in the oven for 3 hours, removing the lid for the final 30 minutes of cooking. Garnish with thyme sprigs.