You might like
You are in:
- Pork Steaks with Apples, Sage and Cider
Back Pork Steaks with Apples, Sage and Cider
Pork Steaks with Apples, Sage and Cider
This sweet and scrumptious sticky glaze creates the perfect flavour combination. It’s the ideal dish for a cool autumn evening.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 boneless pork loin steaks
- 250g shallots, peeled
- 2 red skinned apples, cored and sliced
- 300ml cider
- 2 tbsp sage, fresh, chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and cook the pork steaks for 5 minutes per side until lightly browned.
- Add the shallots to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes until they begin to colour.
- Then add the apple slices, cider and sage, and season to taste. Simmer for 25 minutes over a medium to low heat, stirring gently from time to time, until the juices reduce and the chops are cooked through and covered in a syrupy glaze.
- Serve with sautéed potatoes or fluffy mash and green veg.