You might like
You are in:
- Pork Medallion Chilli Ramen
Back Pork Medallion Chilli Ramen
Pork Medallion Chilli Ramen
Try our Pork chilli as a quick and easy Makeaway meal.
- 2 pork loin medallions
- 2 sprays spray oil
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 125g beansprouts
- 1 litre vegetable stock , 2 stock cubes
- 2½ cm root ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tsps chilli sauce
- 125g shitake mushrooms
- 1 carrot , sliced into thin strips
- 200g pak choi
- 90g rice noodles
- 2 spring onions
- 3 slices red chilli, sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh coriander
- 2 wedges lime
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the medallions on a board between two sheets of cling film. Using the base of a small saucepan or rolling pin, bash them all over until they’re 1cm thin.
- Place the beansprouts in a sieve and pour over boiling water, refresh under cold water and leave to one side.
- Add the stock to a large saucepan, with the chilli sauce, ginger and garlic, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick ovenproof pan for a couple of minutes until hot. Spray with a little oil, add the pork medallions to the pan and cook for 3 minutes on one side. Turn the medallions over, brush with the teriyaki sauce and place the pan in the oven to cook for a further 6-8 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Add the mushrooms, greens, carrots and noodles to the chilli broth and simmer for 4-5 minutes, until the noodles and vegetables are tender.
- Slice the pork steaks thinly. Divide the noodles and vegetables between 2 bowls and ladle over the broth. Top each with the pork strips, bean sprouts, spring onions, chilli, coriander and lime wedge. Serve immediately.