You might like
You are in:
- Pirate Popcorn
Back Pirate Popcorn
Make sure you arrrrrr' prepared for movie night with this pirate popcorn recipe.
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 packet seaweed flakes
- 75ml vegetable oil
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Start with a clean and clear working space.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large pot.
- Cover and put on a medium-high heat for 2 minutes until the oil is at cooking/popping temperature.
- Add the popcorn kernels.
- Cover and cook the popcorn, you will hear the kernels popping (DO NOT REMOVE LID AT THIS POINT).
- Wait 60/90 seconds to cook, shaking the pot occasionally until the popping slows down.
- After about 2 minutes, and once the popping has slowed down, take off the heat and take the lid off the pot. This lets the steam out and keeps the popcorn crisp.
- Add the seaweed flakes. Toss until completely coated. You could also do this in a large paper bag.
- Eat and enjoy.