You might like
You are in:
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Back Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Try this super simple upside down cake, which makes a perfect indulgent pudding that puts a smile on everyone's face.
- 130g butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 30g Demerara sugar
- 220g pineapple rings in juice, canned
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Beat together 30g of the softened butter, Demerara sugar and jam, and spread over the base of an oblong non-stick cake tin. Arrange the pineapple rings over the base of the tin.
- To make the cake mix, beat together the rest of the butter (100g) and caster sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, with 1 tbsp of flour and beat well. Sift in the remaining flour and baking powder and fold in well with the milk.
- Spoon over the pineapple and level with the back of a spoon. Bake for 45-50 minutes until well risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then loosen around the edge with a round-bladed knife. Place a large serving plate over the top and carefully turn out the cake. Take care as the syrup will still be very hot.