You might like
You are in:
- Pineapple and Ginger Mojito
Back Pineapple and Ginger Mojito
Pineapple and Ginger Mojito
A sweet and spicy twist on this classic cocktail, garnished with a wedge of caramelised pineapple.
- 1 carton pineapple juice
- 1 large ginger root, sliced
- 1 small bunch mint leaves
- 1 lime, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 100 spiced rum
- 120ml soda water
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 slices pineapple
- 2 tbsp light brown soft sugar
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Put the pineapple juice and ginger into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 5-10 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half. Leave to cool, then discard the ginger.
- To make the caramelised pineapple, heat the butter in a frying pan until starting to froth. Dust the pineapple slices in the brown sugar and add to the frying pan, turning once, until both sides are golden and caramelised, then put to one side.
- Place 4 mint leaves, the lime juice and lime slices into each glass.
- Pour in the reduced pineapple and ginger juice and mix everything together with a spoon.
- Fill the glasses up two-thirds of the way with crushed ice, then pour over the spiced rum. Top with the club soda and mix again. Add more ice to fill up to the top if necessary.
- Garnish the glasses with a small sprig of mint and a slice of caramelised pineapple.