You might like
You are in:
- Philadelphia and Coconut Citrus Tart
Back Philadelphia and Coconut Citrus Tart
Philadelphia and Coconut Citrus Tart
Your friends will adore the sharp contrast of the citrus curd under the fresh Philadelphia topping in this tart
- 220g digestive biscuits
- 100g melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 320ml double cream
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 lemon juice and zest
- 2 lime juice and zest
- 200g philadelphia original
- 60g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g toasted desiccated coconut
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a food processor blitz the biscuits to fine crumbs. Stir in the melted butter and half the coconut, then spoon the crumbs into a 20cm, round spring-form or loose-bottomed tin. Press down the crumbs with the back of a spoon, to form a base and sides.
- Bake in the oven for 8 mins, then put to one side to cool completely. Turn the oven down to 160C/140C fan/gas 2.
- Whisk together the juice and zests of the fruits (reserving a little of the zest for decorating) along with the eggs and caster sugar. Pour into the cold tart crust and bake for 25-30 mins, until the centre has just a little wobble. Cool, then pop into the fridge to chill for at least 2 hrs.
- Whisk together the cream, Philadelphia, icing sugar, vanilla extract and remaining coconut until it reaches a soft peak stage. Spoon into the chilled tart case, decorate with a little more zest and chill for 30 mins more before serving.
These recipes have been kindly provided by Philadelphia.