- Pear & Dark Chocolate Granola Bars
Pear & Dark Chocolate Granola Bars
Ideal for a quick breakfast at home, on the go
or at your desk, these simple and tasty Pear & Dark Chocolate Granola Bars
are sure to impress. With a layer of pear halfway though, these granola bars
won’t taste dry and boring, but fruity and fresh! The addition of dark
chocolate allows a little bit of indulgence, perfect for cheering you up in the
morning and getting you ready to face the day. Enjoy with your morning coffee,
pop one in the kids’ lunchbox or share with a friend over an afternoon cup of
tea, this simple recipe is so versatile and we’re sure you’ll love the pear and
dark chocolate flavour combination.
- 150g Pears, peeled and diced (1-2 pears)
- 120ml Date Nectar, (or other syrup if you prefer)
- 100ml Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 50g Flaked Almondsplus extra for topping
- 150g Oats
- 200g Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- 3 tsp Apricot Conserve
- 50g Dark Chocolate Chunks
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/170°C fan. Line a 24cm square tin.
- In a pan, gently heat your oil and date nectar until gently simmering then remove from heat. Add the vanilla extract and mix.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your oats, wholemeal spelt flour, cinnamon, flaked almonds and salt and mix.
- Pour in the oil and date nectar mix. Stir everything together.
- Press two thirds of your mixture into your lined baking tin. Spread a thin layer of apricot conserve on top.
- Sprinkle with the pear chunks and the chocolate chunks. Top with the remaining mixture and sprinkle a handful of flaked almonds on top.
- Gently press everything down again. Bake for 25 minutes. Leave to cool before cutting.
Farrington’s Mellow Yellow have created a range of delicious recipes for the whole family to enjoy. These simple recipes all use Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Cold Pressed Rapeseed oil which has half the saturated fat of olive oil, is rich in Omega 3 and has a high smoke point, making this tasty and versatile British oil perfect for all types of cooking and baking.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Mellow Yellow