You might like
You are in:
- Pea & Potato Mash
Back Pea & Potato Mash
Pea & Potato Mash
This yummy combination is sure to be a favourite. It's easy to prepare, filling, and tasty.
- 250g Potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 50g Unsalted Softened Butter
- 20g Shallots, finely diced
- 325g Birds Eye Peas
- 1 tbsp Double Cream
- 3 dashes Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 dash Nutmeg
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 20 minutes or until cooked. Drain well and mash
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt 2 teaspoons of the butter. Add the shallots and cook until they are soft but not coloured.
- Cook the peas according to the packet instructions and then purée them in a blender.
- Combine the mashed potatoes, remaining butter, double cream, pea purée and shallots. Season to taste with pepper and nutmeg.