You might like
You are in:
- Parsnip and Pear Soup
Back Parsnip and Pear Soup
Parsnip and Pear Soup
A sweet and fruity warming winter soup. Enjoy it with warm crusty bread.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 shallots, peeled and diced
- 500g parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 50g blue cheese, crumbled
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the shallots. Fry gently for 5 minutes until they’re softened but not browned.
- Add the parsnips, cider vinegar, pears and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, then blend with a stick blender (or in a liquidiser) until smooth.
- Add the rosemary leaves, cheese and a little seasoning. Cook over a low heat, stirring until the cheese melts, then serve.