You might like
You are in:
- Open Salmon Tarts
Back Open Salmon Tarts
Open Salmon Tarts
These open salmon tarts are simple to make and they're sure to impress. For a vegetarian alternative, top with strips of roasted red pepper instead of the smoked salmon.
- 400g puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten, for glazing
- 300ml crème fraîche
- 3 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, plus zest, to garnish
- 250g hot smoked salmon flakes
- 1 small handful fresh dill sprigs, to garnish
- 1 sprinkle cracked black pepper, to garnish
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut out eight 10cm squares. Using a small sharp knife, mark a square 1cm in from the edge all the way round (without cutting right through the pastry) on each. Brush with egg and bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Meanwhile, beat together the crème fraîche, mayonnaise, horseradish and lemon juice. Chill until required.
- Remove the cooked pastry squares from the oven. To create cases, lift off each of the inner squares marked earlier and discard. Return the cases to the oven for 2 minutes, then cool.
- To assemble, spoon some crème fraîche mixture into the hollow of each tart, top with hot smoked salmon flakes and garnish with fresh dill, lemon zest and cracked black pepper.