- Napolina Vegetable Lasagne
Napolina Vegetable Lasagne
A twist on the traditional, but just as delightful, this
courgette lasagne is made with an array of fresh vegetables, cheeses and
Napolina lasagne sheets. Topped with plenty of parmesan for a strong cheese finish.
- 4 tbsps Napolina Olive Oil
- 2 Aubergine, diced
- 2 Courgette, sliced
- 2 Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Large Pepper, chopped
- 2 Napolina Chopped Tomatoes
- 4 tbsps Napolina Double Concentrate Tomato Purée
- 1 packet Napolina Lasagne sheets
- 125g Mozzarella, sliced into discs
- 100g Parmesan cheese or vegetarian hard cheese
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Black Pepper
- 250ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 15g Butter
- 25g Plain Flour
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan.
- Dice the aubergines into small pieces and slice the courgette. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Then chop the onion, garlic, and pepper and add to the pan and fry until golden.
- Stir in the canned tomatoes and the tomato purée and simmer for 30 minutes.
- To make the béchamel sauce, place the milk in a large non-stick saucepan, add the nutmeg and gently bring to the boil.
- In a separate saucepan melt the butter and add the flour. Beat well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the milk from the heat and add a little to the flour mixture. Combine well, and continue to do this until all the milk has been added, whisking continually.
- Preheat the oven to 200°c / 180°c Fan / Gas Mark 6.
- Cover the bottom of the lasagne dish with a layer of the vegetable sauce.
- Follow this with a layer béchamel sauce and then a layer of lasagne sheets. Repeat this until all of the ingredients have been used up finishing with a layer of béchamel sauce.
- Layer the sliced mozzarella around the top of the lasagne and then grate parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese all over.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden-brown and cooked through.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Napolina.