You might like
You are in:
- Napolina Traditional Lasagne
Back Napolina Traditional Lasagne
Napolina Traditional Lasagne
Discover how to make lasagne the Italian way for a classic
family dinner. We show you how to layer lasagne with the béchamel sauce and
deliciously rich bolognese before baking to perfection.
- 2 tbsp Napolina Olive Oil
- 1 onion, very finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, very finely diced
- 1 large carrot, very finely diced
- 500g good-quality minced beef
- 4 tbsp Napolina Double Concentrate Tomato Purée
- 2 Napolina Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 15g butter
- 25g plain flour
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Black pepper
- 14 sheets Napolina Egg Lasagne
- 35g fresh Parmesan cheese
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- How to make Bolognese sauce: Chop an onion, dice 2 celery sticks and a large carrot.
- Add olive oil to a pan. Add the onion, celery and carrot and fry for 5 minutes until soft and starting to colour.
- Take 500g good quality mince. Add to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until the mince is brown.
- Stir in Napolina Double Concentrate Tomato Purée. Take 2 cartons of chopped tomatoes and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Add a bay leaf and simmer gently for 1½ - 2 hours. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the hob and take the bay leaf out.
- How to make white sauce for lasagne: Pour milk into a large non-stick saucepan.
- Add nutmeg and bring to the boil. In a separate saucepan, melt butter and add flour. Beat well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the milk from the heat and add a little to the flour mixture. Combine well and continue to add the milk a little at a time, whisking continually.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c / 160°c Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- Cover the bottom of a lasagne dish with 1 layer of pasta sheets.
- Then add a layer of bolognese sauce. Follow this with a layer of the béchamel sauce.
- Repeat the layering process twice until all the ingredients have been used.
- Grate over fresh Parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Napolina.