You might like
You are in:
- Napolina Mushroom Risotto
Back Napolina Mushroom Risotto
Napolina Mushroom Risotto
An Italian classic, this mushroom risotto is rich in flavour
and has a delightfully creamy texture. Serve as a first course or as an
- 2 tbsps Napolina Olive Oil
- 10g Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 500g Button Mushrooms, roughly cut in similar-sized pieces
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 250g Arborio Risotto Rice
- 750ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 handful Flat-Leaf Parsley, chopped
- 50g Parmesan
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Pepper
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in hot water for 10 minutes before draining and drying them.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of Napolina Olive Oil in a large frying pan.
- Chop the onion, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Add to the pan along with the porcini mushrooms and fry until softened.
- Add 250g of Arborio rice and cook for 1 minute.
- Prepare 750ml of vegetable stock, and add 150ml to the pan. Cook, stirring until fully absorbed.
- Slowly add the remaining stock, a little at a time, stirring regularly.
- When all of the stock is absorbed, add 50g of parmesan, the chopped parsley and salt and pepper to season. Stir through.
- Serve with the freshly grated parmesan cheese.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Napolina.