- Napolina Meatball Rigatoni Pasta Bake
Napolina Meatball Rigatoni Pasta Bake
This delicious meatball and pasta recipe is the perfect family dinner. The pasta bake features Napolina’s rigatoni pasta, tomatoes and olive oil for the best quality flavours, and uses lean pork mince to create the tastiest meatballs.
- 6 tbsps Napolina Light in Colour Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Large Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 handful Fresh Basil Leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Napolina Chopped Tomatoes
- 500g Lean Pork Mince
- 100g Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- 6 tbsps Plain Flour
- 500g Napolina Rigatoni
- 1 Mozzarella Ball, sliced
- 100g Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Black Pepper
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- For the tomato sauce, chop an onion, 2 cloves of garlic and a red pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and lightly fry the chopped vegetables for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add 2 cans of chopped tomatoes, some chopped basil leaves and season with salt and pepper before simmering over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the meatballs by adding 500g lean pork mince to a large bowl along with a handful of chopped basil, 100g breadcrumbs, an egg, salt and pepper. Mix well until fully combined.
- Shape the mixture roughly into the size and shape of golf balls, and roll each meatball lightly in flour.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan and add the meatballs, frying over a medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until browned whilst carefully turning. Remove from the pan and rest on kitchen paper.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cook 500g Rigatoni in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain, return to the pan then add the tomato sauce mixture, stirring well. Add the meatballs to the pasta and sauce and mix.
- Tip into an oven proof dish and lay the mozzarella across the top, followed by grated Parmesan. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Napolina.