You might like
You are in:
- Napolina Classic Bolognese
Back Napolina Classic Bolognese
Napolina Classic Bolognese
Discover how to make Spaghetti Bolognese the traditional way,
bursting with flavour. This simple Bolognese sauce recipe is easy to follow and
will become a favourite that you cook again and again.
- 2 tbsp Napolina Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 500g good-quality minced beef
- 4 tbsp Napolina Double Concentrate Tomato Purée
- 2 Napolina Passata with Basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 500g Tagliatelle
- 1 sprinkle Fresh Parmesan cheese
Total time required
- Cooking time:
- Chop an onion, dice 2 celery sticks and a large carrot.
- Add olive oil to a pan. Add the onion, celery and carrot and fry for 5 minutes.
- Take 500g of good quality mince. Add to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until the mince is brown.
- Stir in Napolina Double Concentrate Tomato Purée.
- Take 2 cartons of passata with basil and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Add a bay leaf and simmer gently for 1½ - 2 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the hob and cover with a lid.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and season with salt. Add 500g of tagliatelle, cook for 7-9 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan with the sauce and toss to combine.
- Serve - to finish sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Napolina.