You might like
You are in:
- Mulled Wine
Back Mulled Wine
This rich and delicious mulled wine is perfect for those colder nights. Ideal for Bonfire Night and Christmas.
- 2 Oranges
- 2 Red Wine
- 1 White Wine
- 1 Fresh Root Ginger, 6cm piece peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Cinnamon Sticks
- ½ tsp Ground Cloves
- 5 tbsp Demerara Sugar
- 4 tbsp Brandy, (optional)
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove the zest from the oranges in strips, being careful to remove only the orange part, leaving the pith behind.
- Then, juice the oranges into a large pot.
- Pour the red wine and white wine into the pot with the orange juice.
- Place the strips of orange zest, ginger, cinnamon sticks, cloves and sugar into the pot with the wine mixture; stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Cover and heat over medium-high until heated through, but not boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and heat for an hour or longer to bring all of the flavours together.
- Adjust the sweetness by adding more sugar, if necessary. Strain and serve hot with a splash of brandy, if desired.