You might like
You are in:
- Moroccan Pomegranate Pork Medallions with Quinoa
Back Moroccan Pomegranate Pork Medallions with Quinoa
Moroccan Pomegranate Pork Medallions with Quinoa
Spice up your evening with our Moroccan Pomegranate pork recipe.
- 4 pork loin medallions
- 200g quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp moroccan seasoning
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 large unwaxed lemon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 pinches pepper
- 150g pomegranate
- 100g kale
- 50g pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 small handful mint leaves
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the medallions on a board between two sheets of cling film. Using the base of a small saucepan or rolling pin, bash them all over until they’re 1cm thin.
- Place the oil, 1 tsp of the pomegranate molasses or honey, 1 tbsp of the lemon juice and spice mix in shallow dish, season with salt and black pepper, add the pork and turn to coat.
- Meanwhile, place the quinoa in a pan with 600 ml cold water and a little salt. Bring to the boil, then simmer, over a low heat, for about 12-15 minutes or until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed most of the water. Cover with a lid and leave whilst you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Heat a non-stick ovenproof griddle or frying pan for a couple of minutes until hot. Add the pork medallions to the pan and cook for 3 minutes on one side. Turn the medallions over, brush with any remaining marinade and place the pan in the oven. Cook for a further 6-8 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Place the quinoa in a bowl, add the lemon zest, remaining lemon juice and pomegranate molasses or honey and mix well. Season to taste. Gently stir in kale or spinach and pomegranate seeds.
- Divide the quinoa between 4 plates. Thinly slice the pork and serve on top of the quinoa. Serve immediately with a scattering of mint leaves and pistachios