You might like
You are in:
- Mini Truffle Mummies and Eyeballs
Back Mini Truffle Mummies and Eyeballs
Mini Truffle Mummies and Eyeballs
These delicious truffles are so easy to make and are great for a Halloween party or office treat.
Makes 20 truffles
- 350g dark chocolate, broken up
- 350ml double cream
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 300g white chocolate
- 1 coloured icing, red, green, purple and white
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- To make the truffles, break the dark chocolate into chunks in a bowl.
- Heat the double cream on low heat in a saucepan gently, until it comes to a gentle simmer. Pour this over the dark chocolate, making sure to cover it all. Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes until the chocolate begins to melt.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and whisk gently until the cream and butter are completely incorporated and the mixture is glossy.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to the fridge to cool and solidify completely.
- Once you are ready to mould the truffles, take a melon baller (alternatively you can use a teaspoon) and scoop balls for the eyeballs.
- To make mummies, take similar sized pieces and mould them into short sausages between your palms. Lay them onto a baking tray with grease proof paper & place them in the freezer to set.
- Melt 200g of the white chocolate in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (at 20 second increments) and drop all of your now frozen truffles in until they are completely covered in melted white chocolate.
- Using a fork, carefully lift the frozen truffles out of the white chocolate and place back on a greaseproof paper lined baking tray.
- Leave to set for a couple of minutes (you can return them to the freezer to speed up this process).
- Once set, melt the other 100g of white chocolate for 2 minutes (at 20 second increments) in the microwave, and pour into a piping bag or alternatively you can use a plastic sandwich bag. Snip off the end (or corner of the sandwich bag) to make a very fine drizzle.
- With the frozen mummy truffles laying horizontally in front of you, take the piping bag and drizzle the white chocolate back and forward at angles across the width to make bandages.
- Allow to set for 5 minutes and then use black or red writing icing to pipe two eyes towards the top of the truffles. Allow to dry.
- To decorate the eyeballs, use the black coloured writing icing to make a circle as the pupil of the eye, and then use the red to draw ‘bloodshot’ eyes around the rest of the eyeball with small jaunty lines. Allow to dry.
- Serve all the truffles together once they are chilled.