- Mellow Yellow Vegan Ginger Cake
Mellow Yellow Vegan Ginger Cake
Vegan or not, this is a great simple cake that's quick and easy to make with everyday store cupboard ingredients. Try it today - and watch out for more Mellow Yellow recipes coming soon.
- 350g plain flour
- 225g sugar, (soft dark brown is good for colour and flavour but any would work)
- 100g Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 60g treacle
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, (optional)
- 1 tsp ground allspice, (optional)
- 1 handful dried dates or figs, chopped (optional)
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
When weighing the treacle put the spoon into a jug on the scale, then zero them, use the spoon to dollop the treacle into the jug without scraping the spoon, then re-zero the scales and weight 225g of boiling water into the jug which will dissolve all the treacle, saving any sticky scraping of the spoon.
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and beat until you have a smooth golden brown batter.
- Pour into 8inch/22cm square tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake at gas mark 4/ 180°C for about 35-40 minutes until risen and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Farrington’s Mellow Yellow have created a range of delicious recipes for the whole family to enjoy. These simple recipes all use Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Cold Pressed Rapeseed oil which has half the saturated fat of olive oil, is rich in Omega 3 and has a high smoke point, making this tasty and versatile British oil perfect for all types of cooking and baking.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Mellow Yellow