- Mellow Yellow Pan-fried Brussels Sprouts
Mellow Yellow Pan-fried Brussels Sprouts
A fresh combination of shredded Brussels sprouts with crispy bacon, soft prunes and crunchy walnuts – these pan-fried favourites are a delicious addition to your Christmas roast.
- 320g Brussel sprouts , finely sliced
- 2 slices smoked bacon, fairly finely chopped
- 7 soft prunes, chopped
- 1 handful chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil
- 2 dashes salt
- 2 dashes black pepper
- Heat a tablespoon of Mellow Yellow in a frying pan, when the oil is hot add the chopped bacon and fry until crispy.
- Add the finely sliced Brussels sprouts, stir to coat in the oil. The chopped prunes and walnuts can now be added, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Continue to stir fry until the Brussels are softening a little but be careful not to overcook to retain a good texture and the lovely green colour.
Farrington’s Mellow Yellow have created a range of delicious recipes for the whole family to enjoy. These simple recipes all use Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Cold Pressed Rapeseed oil which has half the saturated fat of olive oil, is rich in Omega 3 and has a high smoke point, making this tasty and versatile British oil perfect for all types of cooking and baking.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Mellow Yellow