- Mellow Yellow Mince Pies
Mellow Yellow Mince Pies
Make this tasty treat as a Christmas Eve tradition, ready to leave out for Santa. Adding chopped apple to the mincemeat makes this a special bite - we challenge you to eat just one.
- 300g plain flour
- 100ml Farrington's Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar, unrefined
- 2 tbsp mincemeat
- ½ large apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
Total time required
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and salt. Pour in the Mellow Yellow Rapeseed Oil and stir until evenly mixed through, then rub in until breadcrumb-like.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in 50ml of cold water, using your hands to combine into a dough.
- Drizzle in more water if required until the pastry holds together and can be shaped into a ball.
- Wrap the pastry in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge. During this time, mix together your mincemeat and chopped apple.
- Roll out your pastry on a floured surface and, using a circular cutter, cut out 12 bases. Push these into a muffin tin and spoon a teaspoon of your mincemeat mixture into each.
- Using a slightly smaller circular cutter, cut out 12 lids. You can also cut a small star out of the lids at this point. Using a little bit of water as glue, stick your lids on top of your cases and gently press the edges down to seal. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden on top.
Farrington’s Mellow Yellow have created a range of delicious recipes for the whole family to enjoy. These simple recipes all use Farrington’s Mellow Yellow Cold Pressed Rapeseed oil which has half the saturated fat of olive oil, is rich in Omega 3 and has a high smoke point, making this tasty and versatile British oil perfect for all types of cooking and baking.
This recipe has been kindly provided by Mellow Yellow